Golf Canada has recently released guidelines for how modifications to the course and the Rules of Golf will impact acceptability of scores for handicapping, and how scores should be posted. Rounds played in accordance with the guidelines are considered acceptable scores and should be posted to your golfer’s scoring records. Please consult the COVID-19 Rules of Golf & Rules of Handicapping Guidance document.
As always, please remember to listen to the guidance provided by your local health officials.
It will be an online detailed presentation by modules of the rules of handicap to allow Club Representatives and any interested person to improve their knowledge of the World Handicap System.
- the World Handicap System coming to Canada in January 2020
- Your golf handicap is changing - find out why it matters
- How your handicap is calculated under golf's new World Handicap System
- 4 things to know about the World Handicap System
- Net double bogey is the new maximum hole score
- the World Handicap System website
The user can complete the videos at their convenience and the total run time of the three videos is approximately 75 minutes. The videos can be accessed at the following link:
The user can access the online certification test at the end of the recorded seminar, or through the link below. If you are member of your club handicap committee or are the handicap representative of your club the certification is mandatory.